I have sugarplums in my head. They make impossible for me to think clearly. I just want to listen to cheesy Christmas carols, eat fudge and caramel, play, and open presents.
Miraculously Hannah and Gabe flew in last night at 11:00. - 7 hours later than originally planned. But they are sleeping, at home in their beds, hopefully with dreams of sugarplums in their heads!
Roland is a sweet sugarplum, sitting in his favorite chair with his foot propped high above his heart. He helped me wrap all the gifts, the first time he has ever done that, it took 2 hours (shaved about 4 hours off my regular time). He wrapped, I embellished. He felt festive and cheerful afterward and kept commenting on how wonderful Christmas is! He needs to wrap with me more often.
The Sugarplum concerto plays through our house off and on all day. Sugar sweet Noah fills our home with live Christmas music.
Ike, the most delicious sugarplum of all, is a spazzy plum, teasing and hyper about Christmas. He has inventoried all the gifts under the tree, but he won't let me shake mine. Hmmm.
I'm dreaming of a sugarplum Christmas for all of you dear friends and family!
5 comments:
The year Eve was born, Jane was almost 2. She said as I tucked her in to bed. Will candy dance in my head?
I am so glad your family is all together for Christmas. Dave and I are marathon wrapping tonight. I dont' have enough done yet.
All is well though. We are warm, happy, hyper and together.
I'm so glad you got everyone home! Have a very Merry Christmas. I wish Noah was here to play for us too! We miss you and hope to see you this year.
Merry Christmas and have a wonderful Colorado style Christmas.... I think it's great that you had help with the wrapping... how cool is that!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
so what was in the forbidden to shake present from Ike?
I taught Alan how to wrap and fold a square corner on a present. I spent an entire day wrapping presents for the Austins in Md.and when I took them to Fedex the girl at the counter who helped me box them for mailing (did you know they do that at Fedex for free?) said "Wow, are you the one who wrapped these? They're gorgeous." I have to admit a compulsive obsessive streak hits me when it's present wrapping time. So in Calif., one week later I enlisted Alan's help & he did a credible job. (I couldn't help myself and had to do the bows & decors myself) In addition to teaching him how to wrap (truly,he really didn't know how)he had some part in the gift giving & enjoyed placing them under the tree & waiting and watching them get opened.
Post a Comment