She got her wisdom teeth removed this morning. Boney impaction on all the teeth. Poor baby. After the extraction she was completely loopy and giving everyone the thumbs up and telling them (more like grunting) "good job". She was sweet, happy, and affectionate. She had the doctor and nurses laughing. I think they were sad to see her leave.
Now she is swollen, hurt, and her lower jaw is completely numb - the roots had grown into the nerve a little so she will be numb for a few days (I hope that is all). I will spare you the gory details.
Hannah:During tooth extraction - Before tooth extraction
She is looking rather swollen and blotchy.
I am a bad mom. I am enjoying the fact that she is suffering! She needs me! No one else can take care of her like I can. She has been on her own for 2 years now and hasn't really needed me except for a few home cooked meals and shopping trips. Suddenly, I am indispensable to her again. I get to fluff her pillows, feed her special foods, hold ice packs to her face, stroke her hair off her forehead, tuck her in and make sure she doesn't feel feverish. If I am lucky I can get this to last 2 more days.
I don't want her to feel real bad, not any serious pain, just a little sick and weak enough that she wants to hang around with me for a few days. I know once she feels better she will be rough housing her brothers, running all over town, filling up her calendar for Thanksgiving week.
Well, I gotta go. Hannah needs me to fluff her pillows and adjust the blinds.
10 comments:
Sweet, happy and affectionate is exactly how I acted when I got my wisdom teeth out. Mom will vouch for it. I was delirious and giddy during and immediately after. Of course that evening I was miserable...I hope that Hannah won't be miserable! But the sweet, happy and affectionate must have been very entertaining.
Love Renee Z as stand-in for Hannah.
I know just how you feel. Oh needing to be needed, nothing like it.
Oh Hannah! I love her! I'm glad you get to mother her and make her feel good. I'm glad it makes you feel good!
Poor Hannah! She used to be a movie star. It's okay, she'll bounce back.
Robin, this is such a lovely post. I want to post at Bossy to boss everyone to come read this post. ;-)
xoxo
oh yes, I'll do whatever it takes to spend time wiith my teens tooo, I just dont think I have ever said it out loud tho, lol!!! LA
Poor Hannah. I hope she is well enough to enjoy more than just masshed potatoes next week. I'm glad she is there with you, will you please tell her we all love her, the girls were talking about how fun she is just yesterday. :)
Cute post. I like having my mom take care of me when I'm sick, and I like to take care of my kids when they are sick. They are always very nice to me and they let me snuggle them more than usual!
Oh, you lucky Mom! Enjoy every second of it and look forward to when she has babies someday.
I miss Hannah! Tell her hi for me.
Had mine out when I was an adult with a daughter of my own.... hubby at work all day... where were you when I needed you Robin?? haha
BRG
thanks so much mommy! without you i would still have giant holes in my gums...
9x9 hannah
Post a Comment