Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ike

1997 - Ike turned 12 today.

What you might not know about Ike:
He reads my blog every day
He loves Chicken Pot Pie
He loves Pumpkin Pie
He wants to play every sport and do every Olympic event
He tunes the radio to classic rock every time - music we can enjoy together!
He sings a lot
He loves babies
He wants a dog (everyone does)
He still likes to sit in Dad's lap
He is compassionate
He loves to make people laugh
He dreams about snowboarding
He cheers for the underdog
He wakes up cheerful even though he is a night owl
If it's dangerous he wants to do it
He is nice to his mom
He does a great job mowing the lawn
He will be a deacon this Sunday and he is excited about it
He makes a killer omelet
He is the only person in the family with perfect vision

Happy Birthday Ike!


13 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Ike! We all love you so much! I remember cuddling you as a baby! I also think of you everyday when I put Hank in his doorway jumper... you got that thing FLYING!!!

We Love you and really really miss you!

Sally said...

Happy Birthday to an awesome guy. Shortly after you were born, your parents came to Utah and visited us with you. I wanted to hold you ALL THE TIME because you were the most precious baby! You are so much fun to be with and good at everything you try. We love you and thank you for being a good example to your cousins Nathan, Benji & Lainey!

R A C H A E L said...

Happy B-day Ike. When can I come over and sample the omelet?

Joe said...

Isaac is fantastic. When you read this comment, Ike, I will be making making a giant basketball-shaped omellete in your honor. Remember when we hung out for a week while your parents were in Mexico? Are you still eating whipped cream out of the can? I never see the Cartoon Network without thinking of you, dear nephew.

Emily said...

When Ike was about 8 months old (I think?) I was so lucky to have him stay with me and mom for a week. Everyday when I'd get home from school, I would pick Ike up, lay down on the couch with Ikey on my tummy and I would pat his baby back and he would pat my arm with his little baby hand. Oh...I loved that. It was just the thing I needed to calm down after a long day at school. I've always loved babies, but when Isaac was born, I had such special special place for him in my heart. I love you Ike! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tamzen Fleming said...

Happy Birthday Ike! We love you and think you're a great guy!

Diana said...

I just love Ike! We'll miss him in primary :(. I guess my loss is my husband's gain--he get him in scouts. BTW--if he doesn't know about it yet, there's a wimporee at my house for the scouts this Friday night. Not sure what time, but I'll make sure Marc or Steve calls him to let him know!

diane said...

Ahhh! What a cute baby you have.

Liz said...

Ike, you rock! You are one of my favorite kids! You and Jens need to hang out more often! We love having you around our house! Happy birthday!

Kristen said...

I LIKE IKE!!!! Happy Birthday! Ike I love it when you get to hang out with us, which is almost never now that you live in crazy cold Colorado. My boys love hanging out with you. You are nice to everyone and you are funny.

One of my favorite Ike moments was after we got home from Mexico and you said, "I know how to say 'Hello' in Spanish" and I said, how? And in a very deep voice you said, "Hellllloooooo". Then you laughed and said, "oops, I meant, Hellllooooo" which you said in the same deep voice, then on the third time you said, "Holaaaaaa", in that same deep voice.

Then there was the time I asked you to chew with your mouth shut and you tried, but you couldn't breathe, so you made this long snorting noise while you tried to chew with your mouth shut! Oh, man! I am laughing out loud just remembering.

Oh, yeah, and the time you said you wanted to be a veterinarian, but you couldn't cause you liked eating eggs and meat too much.

Ha ha. You are awesome and I love your guts!!! Happy 12th Birthday!!!!

Love, Aunt Kristen

Lauren in GA said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww! I love that baby picture! Those cheeks are to die for!

Paige said...

Ike is cool. I hope my son turns out like him. And I like his hair.

Linda Austin Hart said...

OH IKE.................sigh.......I wish you didn't live so far away from me........sigh.......I miss you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!