Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mammogram

I really feel like a grown up because I got my first mammogram yesterday. I have been putting this off for 4 years. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The office was clean, quiet and calm. The staff was female and very professional. I even felt a little pampered.



Take care of yourself and get a mammogram.

8 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

After watching that tear-jerking video and wanting to run upstairs to tell Emily to get a mammogram, I respectfully withdraw my previous comment.

Robin said...

Oh Joe, you should have left it. It is what half the people (men) on earth think when they hear the word "Mammogram".

diane said...

I've had two lumps removed. They were ok! This is an important message.

Katrina said...

I'm just wondering how many mammogram videos you watched before you picked this one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the teary eyes first thing in the morning. I'm proud of you. I'm thankful that you stand up for what you believe, in so many things. What a good example you are.

Lisa said...

Good for you and what a great video. When I read your post it reminded me of a funny short story I posted when I first started blogging. You can find it here: http://mytrainerlisa.blogspot.com/2007/06/funniest-story-ever.html

R A C H A E L said...

Go Robin! Mammograms are no fun, I've been getting them every year since I was 20. Mainly because I'm adopted and don't know any of my medical history. Maybe a little overkill, but I don't think so. That was a great video. A good movie to watch is 'Why I wore Lipstick'. Thats what made me want to get checked regularly.