It just feels like he is really starting to leave the nest (little lump of tears in throat).
Part of continuation was to write the parents a letter:
With handwriting like that, I'm not sure he is ready for middle school! My favorite parts:"I'm excited to do sports because I'm a jock. I'm also excited about High. "
Referring to the High Trails program...not getting high [faints].
"But I think you shouldn't be emotional in school. And don't volunteer."
I''m pretty sure he doesn't really mean that, right?
Referring to the High Trails program...not getting high [faints].
"But I think you shouldn't be emotional in school. And don't volunteer."
I''m pretty sure he doesn't really mean that, right?
12 comments:
That Ike is such a cutie. I'm sorry about the sadness of elementary school graduation. I am dreading all of it, I really love the ages of my children right now and I'd be happy to have a pause button.
I hope you told Ike that now you want him to write you a letter thanking you for all the volunteering you've done for him!
I love the song and the letter. They're both great.
Ikey-Pooh! I wuv woo!
I can't wait until my children ASK me not to volunteer. I also hope they ask me not to drive on their friggin field trips.
I love the letter, especially the part about volunteerin and "I am a jock." Also, I love what he wrote in his yearbook about Nicole. I would have to agree!!
Congratulations on your graduation from elementary school! New found freedom with less volunteering.
Rachael is to heels what I am to flats.
Oh, I love the song...lean on me.
Cool teacher.
Just had to visit your blog after reading your note to Celia! Brilliant. I have a lot to learn from you.
p.s. I noticed we both have the same Frank Smith quote on our blogs! Great minds...
Aww. I love the letter. And shouldn't they be able to write by the time they enter middle school? Wow! That is some seriously troubled handwriting... Good thing Ike is cute...
"And don't volunteer," might be the funniest thing I've ever heard.
I love that it is a continuation not a graduation. (Eve got an award for honor roll today--- IN PRE-KINDERGARTEN!!!) Stupid.
I love the volunteering comment and the jock sentence. What a funny boy. Hug him for us.
Post a Comment