Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Privacy


For reasons of privacy I am going to make my blog inaccessible to Google searches. If you are one of my many thousands of readers (hey, my stat counter says that I have had 3,381 vistors in 3 months!) who finds my blog by doing a Google search you will need to bookmark the blog. The blog will be off the Google radar by Saturday.

You all should have an easy time getting to the blog if it is bookmarked.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think this is a good idea! Do you worry much about the whole privacy thing?

Robin said...

I don't worry about it too much. I just thought it would be a good idea. I don't mind if strangers look at the blog, and I welcome newcomers, but if someone is actively searching for information on our family and has evil motives (not that this would ever happen, everyone loves us, except for one 15 year old girl at Noah's school)...I want to make it tough for them.

diane said...

I was wondering if you got a freaky google. I guess it was a freaky teen.

Hollyween said...

Hey, Robin.
I did the same thing to my blog, but guess what? My blog is still coming up in google searches. I know this because I checked my statcounter and new searches are constantly bringing up my blog. I want it OFF. Have you checked your statcounter? Are you running into this same problem? Do you know of something I'm doing wrong.

Okay... 'nuff questions. Let me know.

Robin said...

HOlly - I am going to follow the instructions that Andrea has on her blog. I haven't done it yet, but that is my plan. I have checked my stat counter. Weird.