Anyways - I'm not a geologist so I don't know if it is a ravine, gully, ditch or mini canyon. It is about a one minute walk from our back gate and runs about 1-2 miles behind the house and no one ever goes there because last year there were huge "No Trespassing" signs everyplace and the boys - who of course trespassed - got yelled at every time they played there. And, there were 2 dead cows in the ravine.
Well, we noticed that the No Trespassing signs are gone and someone removed the cow carcasses so naturally, we hiked the ravine.
These little daisies have stems about 1/2 inch long. Things are just starting to green up. In June the place is full of wild flowers.
Its beautiful down there. There are flowers and rocks and little creeks and cow poop. It looks the the kind of place you could find dinosaur bones.We need to name this gully/ravine/ditch/mini-canyon. Submit your suggestion for the name and we will give the winner a prize that will amaze and delight you.
9 comments:
5:36 A.M.? You can't be the girl that used to live in my house. I'm proud of you, baby.
How about one of these:
1. Barranco Muerto de la Vaca. Say it aloud. It has a pleasing sound. It could be the name of a song.
2. Fox Hollow. Could be the name of a subdivision.
3. Groovy Gulch. Could be the name of a Hogi Yogi smoothie.
4. Crouch Canyon. Could be the name of a town in Boise County.
5. Golly Gully. Could be the name of a boyscout skit.
6. Awesome Arroyo. Remember Austins' Aweshole on the Middle Fork?
7. Poco Arroyo. Poco Cow Poop Arroyo. Poopoo Caa Caa Arroyo. Boo Bop Da Caa Caa. Could be the name of a rock band.
8. Spasm Chasm. Say it. I like the alliteration. Spasm Plasm Chasm. Could be a name 12 year old kids would love.
9. Wily Wash. Smiley Wily Wash. Could be the name of a carwash.
10. Curious George Gorge. Could be the condition of an overfed monkey.
11. Curious Kid Canyon. Could be the name of a curious kid's canyon.
12. No Trespass Crevasse. or drop the No: Trespass Crevasse. I like it.
13. Noah's Notch. hmmmmm i don't think so.
14. Antelope Creek. Could be the name of the gully behind your house.
15. Coyote Creek. Could be the name of the gully behind your house.
16. Al Jarreau caƱon.
17. Helichrysum Hollow. I think that's the name of the wildflowers you found there(Sulphur Light Perennial Strawflower)- if they become dry. If not, it might be:
Anthemis arvensis (field chamomile)
or Arnica, or Erigeron (cushion fleabane......in which case:
18 Daisy Ditch. Could be the name of a picnic retreat. DAISY DITCH. this might be my favorite name so far.
18. Barranca Encantadora. Could be the name of a lovely creek
19. Cala Seco. Could be the name of a dry creek.
20.Yermo encantado. Could be the name of an enchanted wilderness.
21. Abuela Loca Cala. Figure it out.
Big Sigh...
I'm never gonna win the comment of the week award. :pout:
Linda is awesome and Colorado Springs is cool.
--Melissa
Boo Bop Da Caa Caa. Mom wins.
I have been MIA for about a week and I just caught up on all your posts...very nice!
I'm laughing, and now I'm coughing. Mom wins. I can't think of a thing! I'm overwhelmed with mom's 21 entrees. I'm going to claim "It's not fair" because mom is under pressure to file 3 years of taxes and that creates enormous creative drive to do anything BUT file your taxes. Hence 21 name suggestions. No fair.
I think Linda had some pretty good suggestions. I can't believe she came up with that many. I asked Kaylee what she thought, and here are her suggestions:
Messy Land
Scary Land
Dirty Ditch
Dino Ditch
and Warren came up with "Deathly Hollows" from the Harry Potter book.
Good luck
Mom- Holy Cow. You need to put that energy into taxes.
Melissa - you just keep on commenting. You will win. Don't give up. It's worth the effort.
Berly - Has Kaylee been there and was it a bad experience? I admit there is a bit of garbage at the beginning, but once you turn east - ahhh...pretty.
this is noah.
the gully shouldent have a name.
i decide
because i discovered it
Noah! It sould have a name, and you should decide it! I want to know what you decide on, if you do choose something. ;-)
Guano Gully. (I have no idea if I spelled Guano right...) I love that word. It rolls of the tounge. Say it slow and sexy, "Gguuaannnnoo Gully" Fun right!?
Post a Comment