Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ike & Noah

Ike loves basketball. He has about 5 guys that come over to play in the back yard. It is my favorite thing right now.

Last night, at a very late dinner (8:30) I asked what I should blog about today. Here was the reply:
Noah: cream cheese
Ike: Yeah, cream cheese
Roland (not listening to me): Who is in charge of the dishes?
Ike: You need to blog about Noah playing the piano! Why haven't you blogged about that yet?!
Noah: Yeah! Why not?

Noah LOVES music. Not like your normal teenager who listens to the radio. Noah loves classical music and plays it about 1 hour a day. He used to play 3 hours a day but the good weather, friends, and a new band (look for band practice blog in the future) have been distracting him. He is getting ready to compete in Guild this Saturday. To play in Guild you have to have 10 pieces, of your choice, memorized. Among other pieces he is playing: Rachmaninoff, Beethoven, Chopin, Shostakovitch, and Bach. Judges will choose random pieces for him to play. So far he has won a Superior each year of Guild and is at the President level.

I will ask him to record a video of him playing his latest and hopefully post it soon. Maybe after Guild.

Cream Cheese: We go through a 48 oz tub of cream cheese every month. Don't even ask how many bagels we (noah) eat. No eating allowed at the piano.

7 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

That is a lot of cream cheese (NOAH!). I think it is time to break Noah of his cream cheese addiction. Maybe you could move on to pita and hummus, or english muffin and peanut butter?

I want a post of Noah playing the piano!

Jen and Kent said...

You have very talented boys (I love the dunk Ike!). I am very impressed at how dedicated Noah is! Congrats Robin on some adorable boys!!!!

Anonymous said...

You do have awesome kids. That is a lot of cream cheese though. (We go through about that much Sour Cream. Lily Loves the "cream".)

Wish Noah all the best this weekend for us. I wish he could teach my kids lessons, we need to begin next fall. Is Ike still playing the fiddle?

--Melissa

R A C H A E L said...

Good luck Noah! I know how stressful things like that are. I don't envy you... Maybe eating a begal with a heaping amount of cream cheese will soothe your nerves before you play. Ooo! Have you tried nutella? Haselnut chocolate goodness. And available for purchase at Costco, just like cream cheese...

Sally said...

Noah rocks.

Anonymous said...

Robin I LOVE hearing about your family and the hilarious stories of them. I love love love them!!

Kelsy