This picture was taken one week ago at Garden of the Gods. Notice the short sleeves and dry sunny weather. We had temperatures in the 80s this week.

Last night we got lots of snow. Before bedtime last night the boys ritually spit outside and slept with their PJs inside out (this has produced snow days in the past) but we only got a 2 hour delay for the start of school. This picture was taken from the warmth of my kitchen at 8:00 AM today.


All loved toys have a name and this toy's name is "Death Trap". It was named by the 11 year old boys in the neighborhood. It is a pink toddler bike that isn't really owned by anyone. It gets passed around to various houses, yards, and garages. The boys added pegs and hoped to paint it black - but they are slowly realizing how cool it is to have a pink girl's bike named Death Trap.
Death Trap is used for jumping off of or over things, standing on while coasting downhill, grinding, wheelies, and stoppies (going as fast as you can then suddenly stopping the bike [on the side of a ramp] and flying over the handle bars). I think it is aptly named.
Death Trap usually comes out with all the scooters, bikes, ramps and skateboards and they always make it back home, but poor little Death Trap gets left out all the time.
It is miraculous that no has died from Death Trap. I fully expect at least one set of stitches or a cast this year.
6 comments:
I missed our morning walk this morning. It's April already, come on!! I am excited to have the death trap around again, it was pretty fun to watch the boys riding around on it. I just want to know what people think when they see these boys on the pink bike. I think they are all great!!
Video a stoppie! I'll bring over my little camera with video in it. That would be an awesome post! I love all the things your boys come up with!!
Nast! I love it when I get these reports for Colorado. Boise is sunny & 74 degrees in the shade. We've had the sprinklers on, even during the night. Aren't you glad you get to move back here?? Don't you want to come sooner?
Death trap gives me a heart attack. Benji will be the kid in our neighborhood riding Death Trap. He is a daredevil.
I love the weather where you live. Never a dull morning.
That is hilarious. Please make sure you link to this post when you are putting up pictures and a story from the emergency room. Though if your boys are anything like my brother, you will only find out about the concussion they got on it years after the fact.
Boys crack me up! I think they will always turn something nice and cute into something dangerous if they can. It makes life much more interesting, don't you think?
Post a Comment